Thursday, January 14, 2010

Well that's cool.



Some people have been coming by to drop off applications. Most just hand them over and split. A dude named Lloyd just came by and as he handed me his envelope, he said, "I'm glad you found someone awesome for the position." It stopped me for a second and I said, "Thanks, that's nice of you to say." And he said, "I read your blawg, and the design assistant thing didn't sound right for me, but when you said you had found someone and now were looking for people for collaborations, I got interested. I'm all about collaboration."

7 comments:

Ashly Stewart said...

I like Lloyd.

johnisaacson said...

That reminds me of a Johnny X and the Groadies poster from last fourth of July. I love the jewels eyes in the skull!

Melissa Delzio said...

That looks like Lloyd Winter to me, he is an awesome illustrator and a stand-up guy! I will be dropping a little something off for kicks soon (4 hours to go, plenty of time).

Kristin said...

Lloyd hit it on the mark. Never is an opportunity wasted. It's all about working with and surrounding yourself with people who are talented. Amazing things can come from collaboration!

Lloyd Winter said...

Thanks dudes, and thank you Jelly for the nice post. Glad that it stuck with you, I hope you find that scoutbook useful. It was a fun collaboration with Pinball Publishing.

Oh, John, that is totally from the Johnny X poster.

Pinball Publishing said...

Right on, Lloyd! His illustrations make us swoon.

Katie said...

Lloyd is too brilliant for this world. Snatch him up while you can Jelly!