Saturday, December 19, 2009

Design assistants: What to expect, pt. 3

I'll close this Words From Past Design Assistants feature with Stuart Jennings, who assisted me at Adcenter before joining W+K/NY as an art director. Besides being hilarious and super pro in his work, Stuart impressed me with his story of spending three hours on the phone with the Apple customer support woman until she agreed to send him a free laptop. He talked with her the entire drive from Richmond to DC. Determined.

Name: Stuart Jennings

When worked with Jelly: 2002-2003

Current job: Creative Director/ Wieden and Kennedy New York

What the experience of working with Jelly was like:
Jelly was one of the few mentors I've ever had in my life. I know that sounds cheesy but as I get older I realize that there are fewer and fewer people who are willing to spend their precious time helping someone else learn something. He was very direct and honest and had good taste. That's the most you can hope for from a boss, or a mentor in this business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can people drop off said applications to your door?

I'm Jelly said...

Someone just dropped one by this afternoon!