Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Share



Kathleen Lane, a Portland writer, is using my studio tonight for an event called simply, SHARE. She has invited a group of local artists and creative people - writers, illustrators, musicians, photographers, tattoo artists, cooks - to share a space for two hours of creating.

They spend the next hour sharing whatever they've created: food, stories, music, art.

I love the idea, simple and brilliant, and exciting to see what the cross-pollination and introductions will yield.

3 comments:

eekim said...

What a freakin' awesome idea. How did it go?

I'm Jelly said...

Really great, I hear. Writers wrote and artists drew and a silkscreener made postcards and a screenwriter wrote a scene and they all performed it at the end of the evening. Next one is in a few weeks and is already a hot ticket, I guess. I love everything about it but mostly the unknown aspect - both in terms of the particular evening and what connecting those creative people might yield down the road...

champ and moore said...

what did it yield?