Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Morning



Got to experience Chinatown at 5 a.m. this morning for the first time. Kind of nice, actually. A little sketchy, but peaceful and quiet like I haven't seen it.

I just dropped off my mother at the airport after a good visit. Had a little reception for her last night at my studio and it was fun. A nice group of people, lots of kids.

Now back to work and it feels good to be in my space in the morning before the sun rises. I have an abundance of work I'm passionate about and I'm ready to get to it.

You can see a bunch of portraits on the wall of my studio. I'm trying to figure out the best way to use them in telling the story of this fantastic biotech company I'm working with. Prepping a short film I'm shooting this week for Oregon Humanities about the power of a new idea. Interviewing an amazing bunch of people from around the state - people doing thoughtful work in arts and culture like Pancho Savery, Thomas Lauderdale, Wim Wiewel, Liz Woody, Tom Spanbauer, Kristan Kennedy, Carrie Brownstein, Randy Gragg, John Jay, Jesse Beason, Pete Rock, Lawson Inada - wow - and crossing my fingers on a few others. Also about to step into a new project with a new client, a total dream.

Off to it. Later.

No comments: