Friday, July 31, 2009

Well that was a nice walk.



Took a walk after lunch to run some errands. Bought some cool shades and readers from a sweet little vintage eyeglass place downtown. They discovered a surplus of brand new glass frames from the 40s and 50s that had never been sold. Super neat. If you're interested in that sort of thing.

Then I looked in the gutter and found a handful of foreign coins from Italy, Mexico, UK, Singapore. Weird.



Then stopped by Pioneer Square for Tillamook's 100 year anniversary celebration. Took a photo of the charming little custom VW van in the shape of a Tillamook "baby loaf" of cheese, before I knew it was the brainchild of John Russell, a former colleague of mine at W+K in Portland and Amsterdam. Also got to meet Harold Strunk, Tillamook's CEO.

The van is one of three that will travel across the country this year, giving out cheese cubes, ice cream cones and grilled cheese sandwiches. "It's not about advertising anymore," John told me. "We'd never be able to afford to buy this sort of exposure. We want to give the most number of people a chance to experience our product in a memorable and fun way."

3 comments:

Ashly Stewart said...

The Tillamook Cheese Factory was the first road trip I took when got my driver's license =)

Dennis Ullrich said...

Dear "Jelly",

my name is Dennis Ullrich and i'm a 26 year old student from Germany.

Currently i'm workin' on my bachelor-thesis: therefor i choosed the nike commercial good versus evil - the hell of a clip. Taking a close look on it, without any background infos does not make a lot of sense for me.

If you have time to help , don’t hesitate to contact me direct - would be a great honor for me.

Yours Sincerly
Dennis Ullrich

P.S. Here is E-Mail-Adress:
J-Dean19@gmx.de

Dennis Ullrich said...

Dear "Jelly",

my name is Dennis Ullrich and i'm a 26 year old student from Germany.

Currently i'm workin' on my bachelor-thesis: therefor i choosed the nike commercial good versus evil - the hell of a clip. Taking a close look on it, without any background infos does not make a lot of sense for me.

If you have time to help , don’t hesitate to contact me direct - would be a great honor for me.

Yours Sincerly
Dennis Ullrich

P.S. Here is E-Mail-Adress:
J-Dean19@gmx.de