Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mutt


Today I visited the world headquarters of Mutt, a new ad agency in town formed by Steve Luker, Mike McCommon and Scott Cromer, three guys I used to work with at W+K. Luker - legs in background - had been my partner and executive creative director, Cromer - in stripes - was planning director, and Mike was creative director on Heineken, Nike and EA.

They won their first new business pitch last week, making them official, and I stopped by to drop off a gift.

I found a vintage letter opener and check imprinter from a pharmaceutical company promoting HEROIN, which was marketed from 1898 to 1910 as a non-addictive morphine substitute and cough suppressant.

Mutt's offices are in the Portland Storage Building. The building is managed by Diabolus Rex, who is a high priest of the Church of Satan.

Look out for these guys. They're good.

1 comment:

gaeyia said...

Congrats to all. And Jelly, good to see you tweeting ;)